Thursday, July 12, 2007

Music to my ears!

Every mother, aunt, grandmother in the South has a story of having her kids, nieces, nephews or grand kids playing in the kitchen while they cook. Ryan's Memaw always tells of how the boys use to sit on her counter tops and help her make pie crust. I can remember always hanging out in the kitchen at my Grandmurna's house and at my house. I know that is where my love of cooking came from (and I was the understudy to some of the best cooks in the South!).



So it thrilled me to no end when my kiddos decided today to start carrying on this tradition. Given some Tupperware, some measuring spoons and one random Lego, my kids put on a show for me I will never forget. It was the best concert I have ever attended and I was fortunate enough to have front row seat.





I just can't wait until I can start teaching them how to cook and hopefully they will love it as much as Ryan & I do!

Here is a small pirated clip I took to share with you all. It may sound like a bunch of racket but to me, it was the sweetest sound I heard all day!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I have so many pictures of me helping my mom make cookies when I was a toddler. I can't wait until my buddies are sitting up in the kitchen with me. I'm sure my husband can't wait until I start cooking again! Too fun.