Saturday, September 22, 2007

Random Things

Do you have a Sitemeter set up for you blog? If not, you really should set one up. You never know what interesting things you might find.

For example, recently I have had hits on my blog from Sweden, Australia & off the coast of Africa! How cool is that? Not sure who you are out there but thanks for stopping by. I love the international hits!

So I never finished telling yall about the book I just read. It is called "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown. It is the prequel to the "DaVinci Code" if any of you read that book. I have to say that Ryan & I both liked this one better! It is set in Rome and is so colorful in it description of the layout of Rome and Vatican City. If you have ever been there, it takes you right back. You can almost smell the bus exhaust and city sewer rising up from the streets! Like the "DaVinci Code", this book is not for the faint at heart at times. This one could even be a little more graphic but not too over the edge. I loved it and love Dan Brown's style of leaving you hanging at the end of EVERY chapter. It makes it impossible to put the book down! Anyway, highly recommend this one!

I am also doing the Beth Moore study "A Women's Heart" this semester. It is great so far. Have any of you out there done this one before? Thoughts? I will have more on this later I am sure!

Also, I have been tagged again by my college friends Kim! (Check out her blog to the right! She is also a mother of twins and has just started a great blog. I love how the internet brings us all back together again!) This one if kind of fun and will take you back (and make me remember) what has been going on the past few years on this very day! So hang in there...here we go:


1. What were you doing 10 years ago? September 1997
It was my last semester of college and I was SO ready to graduate. Most of my friends had already graduated and moved on so I was ready to get out in the world and start making money too! I was dating Ryan and we were having a blast together!


2. What were you doing 5 years ago? September 2002
I think we had moved here and were living with Ryan's parents. I was looking for a job and we were starting to look for houses. I think. Was that 2002? I can't even remember...is that sad or what? This is why I have my husband around who has the craziest memory of anyone I know!


3. What were you going 1 year ago? September 2006

This one is easy! I was BIG and PREGNANT! I was starting to enter those final days of the uncomfortable stage and starting my "can't go to sleep until after 2am" phase. I remember having really bad joint pains during September and trying to stay somewhat active to keep me moving. We went to a high school football game and I remember everyone looking at me like "She shouldn't even be here more or less walking up those bleachers!". I was starting to get really excited about the kids arrival. Cheryl threw us a great shower in September as well and we got so many essentials! I was such a great memory of my pregnancy!


4. What did you do yesterday?
Woke and a toted the kids along to spin class. I wasn't feeling great yesterday so after lunch we all took a good 2 hour nap! After that, went to Wal-Mart and then spent the evening together while Ryan went to a high school football game. Got in bed and caught up on some magazines and feel asleep at the start of the 10:00 news!


5. Snacks I enjoy:
These next few seem a little random but...frozen snickers, the new nuts that only have almonds, macadamia nuts & cashews, a good coke and Andy's strawberry concrete.


6. Things I would do with $100 million dollars:
Hire a house cleaner!, put away for kids college, pay off house and build a new one, pay off our parents houses, by new clothes that fit (I am finding that after losing weight this summer, none of my pants fit anymore!), go eat at Mr. B's, and of course get season tickets to all Razorback & Cardinal games!


7. Locations I would run to:
Florence, Paris, London, Rome, Cinque Terre, Capri, Santorini, Chicago, NYC, Hawaii, Fresno (to see my bro, sis-in-law & nieces) Mauritius...I could go on for days with this one!


8. Bad habit I have:
Not keeping in better contact with friends and not remembering anyone's birthdays or anniversaries!


9. Things I like to do:
Get outside with the kids, camp at Lake Ouachita, go to the beach, cooking with Ryan...trying new recipes, catch up with friends, watch movies, take baths & naps!


10. Biggest joy of the moment:
Watching my kids grow before my eyes and seeing my husband so happy with his new job!


Ok, thanks for bearing with me if you are even still with me. I do enjoy reading others answers so here you go...Leslie L, Tesney & Emmy...you're it!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love doing these. Thanks Melissa! Loved reading yours.

Holly said...

Loved reading your blog. Let me know how to set up a sitemeter. I'm still so new to the blog thing. Thanks, Mel! Your babies are precious!

Anonymous said...

Melissa you have a great blog. I love hearing about your twins. They are precious. You will have to tell me how to do a sitemeter?

TeamRiss said...

I am a friend of Leslie and love reading your blog. How do you do a sitemeter because I'd love to do one! Thanks. emilyrissmiller@yahoo.com