Thursday, May 10, 2007

My List

I have several friends whom from time to time ask me the things I cannot live without having twins. I decided today to devote this post to listing some of the things that have gotten me through so far.
During Pregnancy...
  • "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" & "Your Baby Week by Week" by Glade B. Curtis: These books are a really great tool to reading about the fetal development throughout my pregnancy & for what the babies should be doing now developementally. Ryan even enjoys seeing how the babies are changing each week.



  • "The Complete Mulitples Handbook": I do not have the authors name for this one because I loaned it to a friend who was also pregnant with twins. This was a wonderful book that not only took you through pregnancy but through what all happens with the delivery process and afterwards with multiples.


  • "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" by Vicki Iovine: Just a fun read that will keep you laughing about all the strange things going on with your body while pregnant!


  • "Baby Bargains" book: This is a consumer report book on baby products.


  • Tums & Pepcid AC: That heartburn can be a killer!


  • Kleenex & sometimes a mop...NOSEBLEEDS....UUUGGGHHH!

  • Prometrium: My doctor, the wonderful Dr. Bailey, is a research freak and was currently researching how increased progesterone in the system can help reduce the risk of preterm labor. Being that I didn't go into labor until 35 weeks, it seemed to have worked.


  • Pillows, Pillows, Pillows...I think by the end I was up to 6. Ryan started naming them since he felt there were about 6 extra people in bed with us at night!

Post Pregnancy...

  • Swings & Bouncy seats: These are a LIFE SAVER. (My kids are asleep in their bouncies as I type and will only take a good afternoon nap in their swings). Note these newer version, even since our kids were born, now PLUG IN! I can't tell you how much money we have invested in batteries. This is genious!

  • Bumbo Seats: These are a little pricey for mulitples but they come in so handy. They are great for feeding the kids before they are big enough for their highchairs. We use these for meal times every day.




  • Pampers Swadlers: I LOVE these diapers! (Especially b/c you can buy them by the case at Sam's).


  • Enfamil Coupons: Whatever formula you use, go online and sign up for their programs. They will send you samples and great coupons each month.


  • Mini Boppies: These were great when the kids were little because I could prop one of them up after they ate so I could change the other, and my reflux kids have always liked to be upright then laying down.


  • Colic Tablets and Gripe Water: All natural treatments for Colic so you can give them as much as needed!



  • CLEAR Gas Drops: The Mylecon drops stain so terribly bad. The dye free drops from Wal-Mart are great because they work and don't stain your clothes or burp cloths.


  • Boudreaux's Butt Paste: If the kids even appear to be getting a rash, one application of this and it disappears.



  • Burp Clothes & Bibs! Below are some made by my friend Ashlee Chism. She gave us some at our shower and they are the best ones I own in quality & cuteness! She makes & sales these all over NWA. You can check her stuff out online at www.pumpkindoodle.com.


  • Stroller...The Maclaren Twin Techno. This is the greatest stroller ever! (It's even good enough for The Pitts & The Afflecks!)



  • The Ultimate Crib Sheet....I cannot stress the awesomeness of these! They are available at Babies R Us and are perfect whether you are having one baby or FOUR (hehehe Suz!). You MUST order these! They go on top of your crib sheets so you only have to unsnap and wash these instead of your entire bedding! THANK YOU BETHANY for this perfect gift!

  • Carter outfits that convert from pants to gowns. The kids lived in these their first few months.


  • Preemie clothes from Wal-Mart. These fit our tiny kids the best when they were at 4 lbs and were a great price.


  • A hospital quality pump! We rented ours at the drug store that supported our hospital. The price was reasonable and if you have mulitples, those cheap ones just don't cut it. If you are going to breastfeed multiples, I also recommend the feeding pillows made especially for twins. You can knock out two at once a lot more easily.

  • An exercise ball.....yes, a regular exercise ball. This is the quickest way to get a colicy baby to quit crying. I think I may start giving them as baby gifts. I can't tell you the countless hours we bounced Elliot on our's.


  • Dr. Kimberly Cadle. This is our pediatrician at Bentonville Pediatrics. She is great and has helped us out so much during these first months.

  • MY MOM!!! She came up and stayed with us the 1st three weeks and then again when the kids were 2 1/2 months old and Ryan had to go to China. I couldn't have gotten through the colic phase without you!

    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....

  • A GREAT HUSBAND! Ryan is the best dad and was such a great help with the babies were first born. He was so laid back and just went with the flow. To have that a someone who is so willing to pitch in and help is such a blessing. Now he helps out around the house and I don't know that our laundry would ever get done without him. Thanks baby...you are the best!!!

I hope these things might help some of you out who are expecting little ones soon. If anyone else has other things to add, please do so in the comments section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing....

Anonymous said...

Ilove you sweetie! You are such a good Mother! I am so proud of you. It was a real joy to help with your two beautiful little " gifts from God".I appreciate you and Ry letting me be a part.Love, Mom Happy Mother's Day!

Suzanne said...

AWESOME!!! i need to print off this post! it was so informative...there is so much i still don't know! i appreciate it!!!