Monday, May 14, 2007

A 1st & A 35th

My 1st Mother's Day could not have been more perfect! At times I thought this day would never come and now to be here blessed with not one but two precious and perfect children, I could not feel more loved by God.



After an awesome day at church, we headed home where Ryan cooked us (his parents came for lunch too) perfect steaks for lunch. Then it was off to Gary & Martha's for a day at the pool. I am SO thrilled to let you know that I have two little water babies! Keaton would actually fuss when you took him out of the pool. And PRAISE GOD my kids got some of the Cobb genes in them. They already have little tan lines! It is so cute. It is going to be a great summer hanging out at the pool.









THANK YOU NANA & PAPA G for putting in the pool. You will definitely be seeing your grandkids more this summer!

The kids got me a gift certificate for a day at the spa! I can't wait to take them up on that one. They are so good at knowing exactly what I like...(thanks Ry!).

Looking back on the last six months, I am so blessed to be a mom. God has loaned me the most beautiful angels He possibly could have sent me and I love them more every single day. Kids, you are my world and I love you so much. Thanks for making me complete!
And now for my mom who celebrated her 35th Mother's Day, I love you so much! Thank you for setting such a great example for me as a mother. I am so blessed beyond words to have had a mom like you. I just hope I can raise my kids in the same manner that you raised Jim & I. Thank you for the front porch swing for Mother's Day too! The kids love it and I have already found myself singing them Sunday school song out there just as you did with us so many years ago.


Thank you also for being such a wonderful Grammy to the kids. They love you tremendously and their faces just light up everytime they hear your voice. They can't wait to make lasting memories at the lake with you and Papa! Now, wipe those tears (because I know you are tearin' up) and enjoy this beautiful day! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


FINAL FRAME....

I have always seen pictures of other people's kids asleep while playing or sitting at their high chairs. I never thought my kids would do this since they are always way too curious about everything. Welp....it finally happened. After a good half hour of jumping in her exersaucer, Elliot crashed!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

the twins look SOOOOO adorable in their pool garb! how FUN!!! happy long-awaited mother's day to you! glad you had a good one!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Melissa! I'm so happy to have found your blog. Your kids are beautiful!!! It sounds like you're having a great time with them...as they grow it will keep getting better!
Love,
Janel

Sarah said...

It sounds like you guys had such a fun Mothers Day. I love their pool stuff...I'd definitely play in it! And I'm loving the baby list you made. I'm going to make note of it for future reference!