Saturday, January 28, 2012

Christmas Cards

I LOVE Christmas cards!  I can't wait to check the mail during the month of December to find cards from friends and family all over the country.  It's such a thrill to see how much our friends kids have changed in just one year.  With such a love for cards you'd think I would be all over the idea of getting our's made and sent out.  However, this year it didn't happen.

With the craziness of the holidays, I just didn't get around to making cards this year.  The stress was building to come up with the perfect idea and the perfect card.  I was realizing I didn't have a picture that was card worthy that I hadn't already posted on Facebook.  FACEBOOK.  The single social media outlet that killed the Christmas card this year.  Not just for our family but for many of our friends as well.  Where we usually receive tons of cards, we probably didn't even get 20 total this year.  Strange...yes.  Sad...definitely!  I think Facebook may just kill off the Christmas card.

Our family xmas 2011
That said, we didn't get around to taking a family photo either.  When you take pictures you rarely get your picture taken.  I have gotten better over the past year or two to remember to actually get in the picture from time to time.  This drives my mother crazy as she is always wanting new family pictures of all of us!

So Christmas morning we all went to church together at my in-laws church and since we were all dressed up at the same time, we figured it was a good time to take some family pics.  So consider this our "Christmas card" for 2011.  I will say I did miss having actual cards this year so not to say we won't change our minds next year and send one out again.  That or I will make more of an effort to hand write letters & cards to people this year.  I am saddened to think that in our kids lifetime the mail may become a distant memory.  I hope to never lose the thrill of a handwritten card and hope to instill this in the kids with cards and letters throughout their lives.

Until then, here are some pics from Christmas day...

Adam, B & Matilda

Memaw with her Great-Grands
 


Nena & Papa


Precious baby Matilda

Her eyes are to die for!

My sweet baby boy

My precious baby girl

No comments: