Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Harry!

Yesterday was the kids 1st real birthday party for one of their friends (Elliot's boyfriend) Harry! What a great party! Keaton & Elliot had a blast and slept SO great last night.




Thanks to Harry's sweet mom, Amanda, the kids got to enjoy their 1st real party and their 1st encounter with Santa himself! You can see below how that went. We had Keaton with Mrs. Claus thinking he might like her better...guess not! Unfortunately during all the screaming, I failed to get a picture of the two of them together. Maybe next year! I can't blame them though as my parents have no pictures of me with Santa. I didn't (and still don't) do dressed up people. (Don't get me started about the creepy mall Easter bunnies!) I have in my older years warmed up to Santa but they need to have the real beards. I guess since having a love for "Miracle on 34th Street" from a young age, I am picky about my Santa's. I will one day go to Macy's after the parade and meet the real Santa and actually get my picture made with him!


Waiting for Santa...




Kathy, Todd, Emma & Jake were there!!!

Todd & Ryan trying to handle the kids (Ryan's face is priceless!)

Amanda let all the kids help open the gifts...

Check out how excited Keaton was about this gift!

Keaton was all into the balloons!

Elliot was all into the people!

We have more teeth coming in and Miss Elliot is going to give us a run for our money every time she teethes. No sleep, screaming, flailing on the floor...you name it. Tylenol, Motrin, Orajel & teething tablets all at once don't even seem to put a dent in the drama! For all of this, let's just hope she get 4 in at once because if this is all for just one more tooth, I don't think I can handle 16 more of these coming in!


Tooth count still stands at 4 each. I think we will be seeing more by the end of the week!

Until then, stay in and stay warm. (I know family, I promised some pics of the snow but it was such a downer (not even an inch) that there wasn't much to get excited about. And, by the time we got home from church yesterday, it was pretty much all melted! Next time I promise!)

Oh, last night we also went out to dinner with our bible study group and our neighbors kept the kids. They have three kids of their own who adore the twins. The kids did great and had a blast playing with Mary, Max & Jack! Here is how I found Keaton when we came to pick up the kids. He and Max were cuddled up on a bean bag watching the Incredibles! Is that the cutest thing or what? Max can baby sit for us anytime! Elliot was curled up in the chair with Kyra watching too but I didn't get a pic. She said they had been sitting their forever just snuggling and watching the movie. Now why won't they do that with momma & daddy???



3 comments:

Leslie said...

The picture of Keaton and Mrs. Claus is the funniest thing I've ever seen!! Love it! Such a cute picture of K snuggling and love Elliot's Christmas outfit. I'm so sad I won't get to meet those two in a few weeks. They are sooooo cute. I know you get that all the time.
And so sorry about the teeth situation. Luke acts like that too but he hasn't gotten any top ones yet. Those are much worse right??

aWare said...

IT ISN'T A PARTY WITHOUT THE TWINS!
Harry loved that you guys came! Harry gets a two for the price of one! WE LOVE YOU!

Whitney said...

Gotta love those santa pictures! I think it's a requirement that every child has to have at least one of those! I remember being terrified of him- until I realized he brought me PRESENTS!!